Things You’ll Need:
- Treatment conditioner
- Daily detangling conditioner
- Leave in styling conditioner
- Conditioning shampoo
- Styling products that are non-drying
Shampoo with conditioning shampoos. Rinse with cool water.
Condition daily with detangling conditioner from mid shaft to ends, set 1-2 minutes & rinse. Weekly use a treatment conditioner from mid-shaft to ends to maintain moisture levels. If you blow dry or use heated tools daily condition more often.
Use leave in conditioners and styling product that add moisture to the hair.
Use cool air setting on your blow dryer. Keep the air flow of the blow dryer in a downward motion this will reduce static.
Hold the hair while drying, this will reduce fly aways and encouragement of static.
Put the hair up during times when static is more of a challenge. Try to not rub the hair against any materials, hats, clothes, car seats, etc.
Tips & Warnings
- Let your hair air dry occasionally, excessive heat from a blow dryer can encourage static
- Use a Blow dryer that reduces static- “T3”, it may take more time to dry, but it definitely will reduce the static.
- Fabric softener sheet, need I say more?
- Occasionally static is encouraged by over drying the hair, so you may need to re-wet the hair and start over.
- Spray your tools with hairspray to reduce static or rub the static free sheet over them.
- Helmut head is an alternative, not a pretty one- spray the hair with a stronger hairspray until it no longer moves, static- no worries.
- STOP TOUCHING YOUR HAIR!
- Use static free tools. They make a lot of different types of combs and brushes that are static free, use them- year round!