- Oily hair can be a pain and is a common complaint among persons who have acne problems. Oily hair is difficult to manage, can be limp, and hard to style. A common misconception about oily hair is that it is caused by an oily scalp. The exact opposite is usually true. A dry scalp causes the oil glands in the scalp to produce more oil, and once on the scalp, this excess oil transfers to the hair itself. Therefore, to treat oily hair, one of the best things to do is focus on the dry scalp. Some people produce a lot more oil than others. There is nothing you can do about it other than frequent and regular shampooing with a mild shampoo. The best time to shampoo your hair is first thing in the morning. This way your hair is fresh all day. Many persons mistakenly think that hair shampoo is to wash the hair and not the scalp. Actually, shampoo is designed to clean the scalp and beautify the hair. Thus, the first recommendation is to shampoo the scalp. Women with long hair should apply the shampoo to the scalp without piling the hair on top, and use their fingers to vigorously massage the scalp.
Natural hair oil can change your hair’s appearance and behavior. The key to controlling oily hair is to remove the sebum adequately from the scalp. Shampoo selection is another important consideration. There are many remedies for oily hair to manage oily hair. Do not wash your hair everyday. Use a cleaning shampoo to wash your hair and to scrub off the oil build up. Use a mild shampoo and scrub lightly. While applying conditioner, do not apply to the roots only apply in the middle or to the ends. Reduce the oil intake in your diet. Avoid oily food. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid drugs, alcohol and oils. Use a mild shampoo, shampoo for oily hair, shampoo for dry scalp, or a baby shampoo. Wash oily hair daily, but concentrate the shampoo on the hair away from the scalp to remove the excess oil from the hair. One teaspoon of apple cider kitchen vinegar added to a pint of water makes an excellent finishing rinse that adds shine and luster to your hair while removing soap residue that can weigh down oily hair.
Oily hair can be due to a hormonal imbalance; a diet too hygiene fatty foods; washing too often; or sometimes because the scalp has larger oil glands than normal. Take some dry soap nuts (reetha) and soak them in water overnight. Mash them in the morning and strain the soapy solution. Add a teaspoon of shikakai powder and wash your hair. Use a hot oil treatment directly on the scalp itself, gently massaging the oil into the scalp and then rinsing the oily hair thoroughly afterward. If hair is very oily, do not use conditioner at all, or use conditioner only on the tips or ends of the hair. Oily hair is likely shiny enough, so avoid using hair gloss gel or shine hair care products on oily hair. Another good home remedy is to mix a tablespoon of malt vinegar in a glass of water and add a pinch of salt. Then put two tablespoons on your scalp and massage it with your fingertips. Do not use detergent shampoos. Do not use oils unless the cleansing routine leaves your hair extremely dry. Regularly massage your scalp. Boil two handful of mint leaves in one and a half glass of water for 20 minutes. Strain the solution and mix in a 300ml bottle of shampoo.
Oily Hair Home Remedies Tips
1. Use a cleaning shampoo to wash your hair and to scrub off the oil build up.
2. Applying astringent to the scalp will absorb the excess oil from the hair.
3. Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel and one tablespoon of lemon juice with one-fourth of shampoo and use the mixture to rinse the hair regularly.
4. Boil two tablespoons of mint in one and a half glass of water for 20 minutes. Strain the mixture and mix it with the regular used shampoo. Using this mixture on alternative days will absorb the excess oil from the scalp.
5. Oily hair is likely shiny enough, so avoid using hair gloss gel or shine hair care products on oily hair.
6. Apply a puree of carrots for 15 minutes and rinse the hair.
7. Wash oily hair daily, but concentrate the shampoo on the hair away from the scalp to remove the excess oil from the hair.
8. Drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables is probably the best way to achieving healthy hair.
9. Do not use detergent shampoos.
10. Do not use oils unless the cleansing routine leaves your hair extremely dry.